Post Operative Care
Download our Post Operative Care Manual
- Stitches will dissolve in 3 to 7 days.
- Keep the gauze pad in place for 1 hour with constant, firm pressure. Do not suck, spit or blow your nose excessively. If bleeding persists, place gauze or a tea bag on the surgical site, and hold it in place with constant firm pressure for 1 hour.
- First 24 hours some oozing and discoloration of saliva is normal.
- No smoking for 48 hours, smoking prevents good healing.
- Keep wrapped ice or a frozen bag of vegetables over the surgery area for 24 hours alternating 10 minutes on & 10 minutes off.
- Do not continue the application after 48 hours.
- Take the prescribed tablets before the local anesthetic (freezing) wears off.
- Eat soft, cold foods until you feel comfortable. Maintain a good fluid intake.
- Limit activities for the next 24 hours.