Heading back to school with the latest jeans, hoodie and backpack, is likely high on your child’s list of “cares”, but as a parent you likely also want to ensure your child is well prepared for school mentally and physically. That is why having a dental checkup and cleaning is a great idea when you’re making your “back to school” plans.
A healthy mouth and a bright white smile is perhaps one of the most important features your child can arrive to school with. Just as your child is immunized for a variety of illnesses to prevent disease, so too does healthy oral habits aid in maintaining optimal health. In fact, tooth decay affects children far more than any other chronic infectious disease, yet nearly 20% of children have untreated dental concerns.
At DentistsRUs, we can help you maintain your child’s oral health by…
- Offering local dental professionals who can assist you and your family in regular dental examinations, to diagnose as well as treat and prevent any dental concerns or issues.
- Recommending regular brushing and flossing, with a new toothbrush being introduced every 3-6 months in order to minimize the transfer of bacteria causing decay.
- Offering a specially fitted mouthguard for any sports or contact activities your child might participate in.
- Suggesting that, especially with a new school year upon us, that your child is packing healthy snacks and lunches to keep them well fueled throughout the day, as well as maintaining the strength and health of their teeth.
At DentistsRUs, we want to help you start your school year off with healthy smiles. If you or your child is in need of dental care, contact one of our local dental professionals below to book a checkup, and start the school season off right!
- Burnaby Sedation & General Dentistry | 250 – 3433 North Rd. Burnaby, BC | View
- Langley Sedation & General Dentistry | #103 – 19978 72nd Avenue Langley, BC | View
- Tri-City Sedation & General Dentistry | #1412-2929 Barnet Hwy, Coquitlam, BC | View
- Coast Meridian Sedation & General Dentistry | #103 3380 David Ave, Coquitlam, BC | View
- New Westminster Sedation & General Dentistry | 243-800 Carnarvon St. New Westminster | View